COVID-19 Office and Safety Information
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected all our lives, but rest assured our physicians and staff are ready and available to help. As an essential service, it is our goal to maintain the highest quality of care in the safest environment possible, for both our employees and our patients. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at 937-433-8990. In the meantime, here is information on our current practice status.
How We Are Keeping You Safe
- Our staff are screened daily for Coronavirus COVID-19 symptoms by taking temperatures and practicing social distancing per CDC guidelines and state recommendations. Anyone who is ill must stay home.
- We are offering telemedicine services based on physician evaluation prior to the appointment. Some patients are good candidates for a video call, however, some patients need to be seen in person.
- We are seeing most of our patients by telehealth visits. Video conferences (telemedicine) will be arranged in advance with the office staff reaching out to the patient to verify the proper technology and accessibility. The patient will be notified by to start their appointment by video or phone about 5 minutes prior to the appointment.
- For those patients without a smartphone or who are unable to download the app, the physician can arrange a telephone call.
- Some patients may be scheduled to come into our office to be seen. Appointments are staggered so no more than one or two patients are in our office at once. If more than one patient arrives at same time and we are not ready to bring you inside the building, we may ask you to stay in your car until we call you to come in for your appointment.
- We ask that only the patient come in for the appointment and family members remain in the car. All surfaces are disinfected after each patient and routinely at the end of each day.
- For patients coming to our office , we ask you to come in on the flat entrance of our building. Our stair entrance is closed. We also ask you ring the doorbell in the entryway. A nurse will meet you in the entryway to screen for COVID-19 symptoms.
Operating Hours and Care Options
- We are operating on normal hours, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, Monday through Thursday, 8-4 p.m. on Friday.
- Our CompuNet station is currently closed, until further notice.
Contacting the Doctor and Prescriptions
- Patients can call the main office number, 937-433-8990, for general information (Option 1) , to schedule an appointment (Option 2), or for nurse questions and prescription refills (Option 4).
- The online portal is available for email communication, if you have a portal account.
SDACC Physicians and Staff